Sparks City Council Meeting 9/12/2011
Monday, September 12, 2011 2:00 PM
City Council Chambers, Legislative Building, 745 Fourth Street, Sparks, Nevada
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
Invocation Speaker: Pastor Brad Dyrness
Sparks Nazarene Church
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Comments from the Public
- Approval of the Agenda – Consideration of taking items out of sequence, deleting items and adding items which require action upon a finding that an emergency exists
3. Recommendation to Approve Minutes of
- 3.1 Consideration and Possible approval of the Minutes of the Regular City Council Meeting of August 22, 2011, and the Special City Council Meeting of August 29, 2011 - FOR POSSIBLE ACTION
4. Announcements, Presentations, Recognition Items and Items of Special Interest
5. Consent Items
- 5.1 Report of Claims and Bills approved for payment and appropriation transfers for the period August 4, 2011 through August 24, 2011 - FOR POSSIBLE ACTION.
- 5.2 Consideration and possible approval of the purchase of IT Server equipment from Summit Partners in the amount of 73,334.79 as recommended by the Information Technology Steering Committee - FOR POSSIBLE ACTION.
- 5.3 Consideration and possible approval of the purchase of IT Server Backup Software from CDWG in the amount of 33,362.45, as recommended by the Information Technology Steering Committee - FOR POSSIBLE ACTION.
- 5.4 Consideration and possible approval of the purchase of Crafco Poly Flex II in the amount of $70,000 during FY 11/12 - FOR POSSIBLE ACTION.
- 5.5 Consideration and possible approval of the purchase of plant mix in the amount of $100,000 during FY11/12 from multiple vendors, based upon market conditions - FOR POSSIBLE ACTION.
- 5.6 Consideration and possible acceptance of Local Emergency Planning Committee Grant Program Contract for disposition of the grant award in the amount of $4,344.00 FOR POSSIBLE ACTION.
- 5.7 Consideration and possible approval of the purchase of a Rocky Grove Outdoor Classroom #CB-1100 for Wedekind Regional Park Trailhead and Trail System, CIP 112500, to Big T Recreation, in the amount of $34,719.00 (For Possible Action)
- 5.8 Consideration and possible approval of Truckee Meadows Water Authority Water Service Agreement, Water Rights, and Meter Fund Contribution for Pelican Park, to Truckee Meadows Water Authority (TMWA), in the amount of $32,317.20 FOR POSSIBLE ACTION.
6. General Business
- 6.1 Consideration and possible approval of the Mayor's recommendation of appointment to the Sparks Advisory Committee for the Disabled - FOR POSSIBLE ACTION
- 6.2 Consideration and possible adoption of Resolution # 3204 declaring a deed quitclaiming previously dedicated land or right-of-way to the Nevada Department of Transportation. FOR POSSIBLE ACTION
- 6.3 Presentation, discussion, and possible action on the "Scope of Work for Business Licenses" approved by the Shared Services Elected Officials Subcommittee and requesting the City Manager to continue participating in the work plan as outlined. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 6.4 Consideration and possible approval of a professional data gathering services contract to Stantec Consulting, Inc, for professional data gathering services as related to Urban Forestry Revitalization, City of Sparks ARRA/UFWA/09/02 grant in the amount of $37,210.00 FOR POSSIBLE ACTION
- 6.5 Review and possible approval of the 21st Century Community Learning Centers Grant as entered into and secured through collaborative efforts with Lincoln Park, Alice Maxwell, Robert Mitchell, Agnes Risley and Kate Smith Elementary Schools-FOR POSSIBLE ACTION.
- 6.6 Consideration and possible approval of a grant from the Robert Z. Hawkins Foundation in the amount of $7,000.00 for the Sparks Parks and Recreation Department to complete the 2011 Teen Discovery program-FOR POSSIBLE ACTION.
- 6.7 First reading and possible discussion of Bill# 2636 an ordinance redistricting the City Council ward boundaries based on the 2010 United States Census.
- 6.8 Possible Motion to Conduct Labor Relations Proceeding (Closed Per NRS 288.220) FOR POSSIBLE ACTION
7. Public Hearing and Action Items Unrelated to Planning and Zoning
8. Planning and Zoning Public Hearings and Action Items
9. Closed Door Sessions
- 10.1 Comments from the Public
- 10.2 Comments from City Council and City Manager