Sparks City Council Meeting 4/8/2013
Monday, April 8, 2013 2:00 PM
Sparks Council Chambers, 745 4th Street, Sparks, NV
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
Invocation Speaker: Pastor Kyle Bateson
Living Stones Church
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Comments from the Public
- Approval of the Agenda – Consideration of taking items out of sequence, deleting items and adding items which require action upon a finding that an emergency exists
3. Recommendation to Approve Minutes of
- 3.1 Consideration and possible approval of the minutes of the regular Sparks City Council meeting of March 25, 2013. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
4. Announcements, Presentations, Recognition Items and Items of Special Interest
- 4.1 Proclamation: "National Service Recognition Day"
- 4.2 Proclamation "Sexual Awareness Month" & "Denim Day in Nevada"
- 4.3 Proclamation "Pathways to Aviation Day"
- 4.4 Proclamation "Public Safety Telecommunications Week"
5. Consent Items
- 5.1 Report of Claims and Bills approved for payment and appropriation transfers for the period March 7, 2013 through March 20, 2013. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 5.2 Consideration and possible approval of the purchase of Crafco Poly Flex II in the amount of $41,400 during FY 12/13. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 5.3 Consideration and possible award of a professional services contract to Manhard Consulting, LTD for assistance with the City of Spark’s entrance into the National Flood Insurance Program Community Rating System (CRS), in an amount not to exceed $375,000. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 5.4 Consideration and possible award of the 2013 Street Rehabilitation – Unit 2, Bid No. 12/13-015, PWP-WA-2013-099 to Sierra Nevada Construction, in the amount of $557,007. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 5.5 Consideration and possible award of the 2013 Street Rehabilitation – Unit 3, Bid No. 12/13-016, PWP-WA-2013-112 to A&K Earthmovers, in the amount of $698,690.22. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 5.6 Consideration and possible award of the purchase of a Play Equipment for Willow Creek Park, to Big T Recreation, in the amount of $39,849.84. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 5.7 Consideration and possible approval of a contract with Reno Tahoe Construction for on-call fire hydrant system repair through June 30, 2014. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 5.8 Consideration, discussion and possible ratification of Change Order #1 from RFI Communications for security upgrades to City Hall, valued at $1,456.00. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
6. General Business
- 6.1 Consideration and possible approval of appointment to the Regional Planning Commission. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 6.2 Consideration and approval of memberships and contributions for FY 14 that serve general City purposes. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 6.3 Consideration and approval of Annual Contributions to Other Governments that serve general City purposes. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 6.4 Discussion and possible action on a City Council position to Senate Bill 457, which provides for all candidates for Council Member in Sparks to be elected in a general election by only the registered voters for the ward that a candidate seeks to represent. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 6.5 First Reading and possible discussion of CA-5-12 Bill No. 2656 an ordinance by the City of Sparks amending Title 20 of the Sparks Municipal Code to permit more than five residents receiving adult care in a residential district when permitted by building and fire codes and other matters properly related thereto.
7. Public Hearing and Action Items Unrelated to Planning and Zoning
8. Planning and Zoning Public Hearings and Action Items
- 8.1 PCN12010, Public Hearing, Consideration and possible action on a Master Plan Amendment and Tentative Approval of an amendment to a planned development handbook (Wingfield Springs) on a site approximately 1,645 acres in size within the NUD (Wingfield Springs Planned Development) zoning district generally located north of the Miramonte Planned Development, east of the Pioneer Meadows Planned Development, and west of the Foothills at Wingfield Springs Planned Development, Sparks, NV. A. A Master Plan Amendment request to change the land use designation on 3.7 acres from Open Space (OS) to 4 du/ac and change the land use on approximately 8 acres from 4 du/ac to Open Space (village 27), and change the land use designation on 10.9 acres from Open Space (OS) to 4 du/ac (village 28). B. A request for Tentative Approval of an amendment to the Wingfield Springs Planned Development Handbook to include the addition of several new villages; changes to the land use map and table; and changes to the setbacks within the Builder Lot and Patio Home designations. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 8.2 Consideration and possible action regarding the Planning Commission’s action to approve PCN12022, a Special Use Permit request to allow for a 201 room resort hotel/casino on a site approximately 12.6 acres in size in the NUD (New Urban District – The Legends at Sparks Marina Planned Development) zoning district generally located at 100 Legends Bay Drive, Sparks, NV. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
9. Closed Door Sessions
- 9.1 Possible motion to conduct labor relations proceeding. (Closed per NRS 288.220) (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 10.1 Comments from the Public
- 10.2 Comments from City Council and City Manager