Sparks City Council Meeting 4/27/2015
Monday, April 27, 2015 2:00 PM
Council Chambers, Legislative Bldg, 745 4th St., Sparks
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Opening Ceremonies
3.1 Invocation Speaker: Pastor Brad Dyrness
Sparks Church of the Nazarene
- 3.2 Pledge of Allegiance
4. Public Comment
5. Approval of the Agenda - Consideration of taking items out of sequence, deleting items and adding items which require action upon a finding that an emergency exists. (For Possible Action)
6. Approval of the Minutes
- 6.1 Consideration and possible approval of the minutes of the regular Sparks City Council meeting on April 13, 2015. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
7. Announcements, Presentations, Recognition Items and Items of Special Interest
- 7.1 Proclamation: "Older American's Month"
- 7.2 Proclamation: "National Day of Prayer"
- 7.3 Proclamation: "Arbor Day"
- 7.4 Proclamation: "Severe Weather Awareness Month"
- 7.5 Proclamation: "National Bike Month & Bicycle Safety Month"
- 7.6 Recognition of the Nevada Water Environment Association’s Wastewater Operator of the Year Brett Warne and Rookie Wastewater Operator of the Year Angel Lacroix.
- 7.7 Sparks Boulevard Corridor Study Presentation
8. Consent Items
- 8.1 Report of Claims and Bills approved for payment and appropriation transfers for the period March 26, 2015 through April 8, 2015. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 8.2 Consideration and possible approval of a Final Map for Pioneer Meadows Village 7B&C Phase 2&3. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 8.3 Consideration and possible approval of a Final Map for Kiley Ranch Village 38 - Phase 1. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 8.4 Consideration and possible approval of the 2015 Annual Operating Plan (AC-5136) between the Sparks Fire Department and the Bureau of Land Management. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 8.5 Consideration, discussion and possible approval of a contract for the Municipal Court Restroom, Office and Lobby Renovation Project, (AC-5137) Bid No. 14/15-015, PWP-WA-2015-117 to Reyman Brothers Construction, Inc., in the amount of $119,500.00. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 8.6 Consideration and possible approval to purchase the equipment and labor to up-fit four police vehicles from Lehr Auto Electric in the amount of $56,731.40. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
9. General Business
- 9.1 Consideration, discussion, and possible approval of fiscal year 2015-2016 budget recommendations and fiscal items including 1) the City Manager’s recommendations for the City of Sparks final budget; and 2) the proposed five year Capital Improvement Plan. [For Possible Action]
- 9.2 Consideration and possible award of the 2015 Street Rehabilitation – Unit 3, (AC-5138) Bid No. 14/15-013, PWP-WA-2015-112 to Spanish Springs Construction, in the amount of $891,444. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 9.3 Consideration and possible award of the 2015 Preventative Maintenance Program, Bid No. 14/15-016, PWP-WA-2015-135 to Sierra Nevada Construction, in the amount of $424,006.88. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 9.4 Presentation, discussion, and possible direction regarding the Washoe County Animal Services changes to Washoe County Code Chapter 55 concerning the creation of the Department of Animal Services (55.020-55.023); Animal Control Officer Powers and Duties (55.040); Dangerous Dog Determination (55.750); and a proposed code on Feral Cats (New). (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 9.5 FIRST READING. Bill No. 2691. An ordinance amending Title 9 Section 9.34.25 of the Sparks Municipal Code to provide a specific size of cup for serving alcoholic beverages during permitted special events on public property. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 9.6 FIRST READING. Bill No. 2692. An ordinance amending Title 9 Section 9.42.010 of the Sparks Municipal Code to lengthen the times for the allowance of amplified sound during permitted special events on public property in the downtown area only. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
10. Public Hearing and Action Items Unrelated to Planning and Zoning
11. Planning and Zoning Public Hearings and Action Items
- 11.1 PCN15011- Consideration of and possible action on a request for Tentative and Final approval of an amendment to the Marina Village Planned Development Handbook to allow for greater flexibility in the types, height and design specifically related to the mixed use buildings and other matters properly related thereto, in a planned development totaling 32.5 acres in size in the PD (Planned Development) zoning district located between Sparks Marina Lake and Harbour Cove Drive on a site generally located south of E. Lincoln Way, east of Sparks Marina Park and west of the Legends, Sparks, NV. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
12. Closed Door Sessions
- 13.1 Comments from the Public
- 13.2 Comments from City Council and City Manager