Sparks City Council Meeting - Amended 10/27/2014
Monday, October 27, 2014 2:00 PM
Council Chambers, Legislative Bldg., 745 4th St., Sparks
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Opening Ceremonies
3.1 Invocation Speaker: Tom White
Church of Latter Day Saints
- 3.2 Pledge of Allegiance
4. Public Comment
5. Approval of the Agenda - Consideration of taking items out of sequence, deleting items and adding items which require action upon a finding that an emergency exists. (For Possible Action)
6. Approval of the Minutes
- 6.1 Consideration and possible approval of the minutes of the regular Sparks City Council Meeting for October 13, 2014 (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
7. Announcements, Presentations, Recognition Items and Items of Special Interest
- 7.1 AAA of Northern California, Nevada and Utah Rescuer of the Year Award and donation for Michael Landsberry.
- 7.2 Proclamation: "Keep Truckee Meadows Beautiful - 25th Anniversary"
- 7.3 Proclamation: "Family Caregivers Month"
- 7.4 Presentation: Regional Road Impact Fee Update
- 7.5 Presentation and discussion on Kiley Ranch North Planned Development.
8. Consent Items
- 8.1 Report of Claims and Bills approved for payment and appropriation transfers for the period September 25, 2014 through October 8, 2014. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 8.2 Consideration, review and acceptance of the receipt of grant and/or donation money which is individually under $5,000. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 8.3 Consideration and possible approval of a professional services contract with Resource Direct Consulting for prevailing wage review services related to construction of the Walmart at the Legends at the Sparks Marina Project in the amount of $84,530.00. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 8.4 Consideration and possible award of the informal quote contract for the Sparks Victorian Square Concrete Repair to Valley Concrete Inc. in the amount of $60,773.00. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
9. General Business
- 9.1 Consideration and Possible Acceptance of a Justice Assistance Grant in the amount of $100,058.31 (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 9.2 Consideration and discussion on the Sign Code Alternatives for the separation distance between special freestanding signs. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 9.3 FIRST READING. PCN14036 Bill No. 2687, an ordinance to rezone from A-40 (Agriculture) to NUD (New Urban Development), on a site totaling approximately 5.1 acres located at 6300 David Allen Parkway, Sparks, NV; and other matters properly relating thereto.
- 9.4 Consideration and possible approval of Resolution No. 3266 pursuant to NRS 268.061(1)(e)(1) declaring that it is in the best interest of the City to convey a portion of a remnant piece of certain City owned real property located at 0 Clean Water Way, also known as APN 021-030-03, to Regional Transportation Commission of Washoe County for roadway purposes on the SouthEast Connector project. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 9.5 Consideration and possible approval an Agreement between the City of Sparks and Zozac Land Company, LLC to extend the time to submit a Final Map. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 9.6 Consideration and possible approval of an Employment Agreement for Christine Syverson, Administrative Services Director. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
10. Public Hearing and Action Items Unrelated to Planning and Zoning
- 10.1 SECOND READING AND POSSIBLE ADOPTION OF BILL NO. 2685,AN ORDINANCE AMENDING CHAPTER 5.48 OF THE SPARKS MUNICIPAL CODE; REPEALING THE REQUIREMENT THAT TAXICAB DRIVERS OBTAIN A CHAUFFER’S WORK PERMIT FROM THE SPARKS POLICE DEPARTMENT; DEFERRING TO THE NEVADA TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY TO ISSUE TAXICAB DRIVER’S PERMITS PURSUANT TO NRS 706.462 TO 706.4624, INCLUSIVE; AND PROVIDING OTHER MATTERS PROPERLY RELATED THERETO. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
11. Planning and Zoning Public Hearings and Action Items
- 11.1 PCN14034- Resolution 3267, Consideration of and possible action on a master plan amendment to change the land use designation Neighborhood Park (NP), Public Institution (PI), 5 DU/Acre, and Open Space (OS) to Mixed Use Residential (MUR), Low Medium Residential (LMR), Medium Residential (MR) and Neighborhood Park (NP) on 5 properties totaling approximately 43.2 acres located east of Sparks Boulevard and north of the Kiley Detention Dam, Sparks, NV (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
PCN14035 – A Master Plan Amendment and rezoning by the City of Sparks for property within the Transit Oriented Development Corridor boundary. These lands are generally located north of Prater Way and west and south of E. I Street. The requests are for:
• Consideration of and possible action on a Master Plan Amendment to change the boundary of the Transit Oriented Development Corridor including changing the land use designation of approximately 6.66 acres from Transit Oriented Development-Mixed Use Commercial designation to approximately 0.32 acres of Low Density Residential, 3.41 acres of Public Facility and 2.93 acres of General Commercial. (For Possible Action)
• SECOND READING, Bill No. 2686, consideration of and possible action on an ordinance to change the zoning on 6 parcels totaling approximately 6.66 acres from TOD-Mixed Use Commercial to 0.32 acres of R1-6 (Single Family Residential), 3.41 acres of PF (Public Facility) and 2.93 acres of C2 (General Commercial). (For Possible Action)
12. Closed Door Sessions
- 13.1 Comments from the Public
- 13.2 Comments from City Council and City Manager