Sparks City Council Meeting 1/28/2013
Monday, January 28, 2013 2:00 PM
Sparks Council Chambers, 745 4th Street, Sparks, NV
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
Invocation Speaker: Pastor Pete Vossler
Crosswinds Assembly of God
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Comments from the Public
- Approval of the Agenda – Consideration of taking items out of sequence, deleting items and adding items which require action upon a finding that an emergency exists
3. Recommendation to Approve Minutes of
- 3.1 Consideration and possible approval of the minutes of the regular Sparks City Council meeting of January 14, 2013 (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
4. Announcements, Presentations, Recognition Items and Items of Special Interest
- 4.1 Proclamation "Save a Heart Day"
- 4.2 Presentation of the Sparks Museum and Cultural Center Annual Report
- 4.3 Update on Air Service at Reno/Tahoe International Airport
- 4.4 EDAWN Presentation
5. Consent Items
- 5.1 Report of Claims and Bills approved for payment and appropriation transfers for the period December 27, 2012 through January 9, 2013. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 5.2 Consideration and possible approval of an Interlocal Agreement (A-3963) between the City of Sparks and the City of Reno for $188,000 in Community Development Block Grant funding for improvements to the Community Assistance Center located on Record Street in Reno. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
6. General Business
- 6.1 Consideration and possible approval of a $1,000.00 donation to Partners in Parks and Recreation from Sierra Chemical Company. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 6.2 Consideration and possible acceptance of a grant (A#3964) from The Nell J. Redfield Foundation in the amount of $50,000 for the Sparks Parks and Recreation Department to continue various programming in 2013. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 6.3 FIRST READING and possible discussion of CA-7-12 Bill #2649 an ordinance by the City of Sparks amending Title 20, Chapter 20.07.030 of the Sparks Municipal Code (decisions subject to review and methods of appeal) to shorten the appeal period for Planning Commission and administrative actions and other matters properly related thereto.
- 6.4 PCN12036, City of Sparks, FIRST READING and possible discussion of Bill #2650 an ordinance rezoning 55 parcels totaling approximately 10.8 acres in size from the I/T (Industrial/Transitional Overlay) to I ((Industrial) generally located south of Interstate 80, east of South 21st Street, west of South Rock Boulevard, and north of Pittman Avenue (extended).
- 6.5 FIRST READING and possible discussion of CA-6-12 Bill #2651 an ordinance amending Title 20 of the Sparks Municipal Code to modify the expiration provisions for Special Use Permits (Chapter 20.13) and Site Plan Review (Chapter 20.31) and other matters properly relating thereto.
- 6.6 FIRST READING of Bill #2652 amending the Sparks Municipal Code relating to Business Licenses; Clarifying and Strengthening Numerous Provisions Regarding Business Licenses, including: Applications; Denials, Audits, Inspections, Delinquencies, Penalties, Expiration, Suspension, Revocation and Criminal Prosecution; Requiring certain Tax-Exempt Activities to obtain a license (at no cost); and providing other matters properly related thereto.
- 6.7 Review, discussion and possible approval of a Sparks business visitation program (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 6.8 Consideration and possible direction to City staff regarding the City’s advance planning program, including possible amendments to Title 20 of the Sparks Municipal Code and the Sparks Master Plan. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
7. Public Hearing and Action Items Unrelated to Planning and Zoning
8. Planning and Zoning Public Hearings and Action Items
9. Closed Door Sessions
- 10.1 Comments from the Public
- 10.2 Comments from City Council and City Manager