Sparks City Council Meeting 10/22/2012
Monday, October 22, 2012 2:00 PM
Sparks Legislative Building, 745 E. 4th Street, Sparks, NV 89431
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
Invocation Speaker: Pastor Bryan Smith
Summit Christian Church
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Comments from the Public
- Approval of the Agenda – Consideration of taking items out of sequence, deleting items and adding items which require action upon a finding that an emergency exists
3. Recommendation to Approve Minutes of
- 3.1 Consideration and possible approval of the minutes of the regular Sparks City Council Meeting for October 8, 2012 (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
4. Announcements, Presentations, Recognition Items and Items of Special Interest
- 4.1 "International Project Management Day"
- 4.2 Proclamation "Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month"
- 4.3 Proclamation "Conflict Resolution Day"
- 4.4 Proclamation "EnergyFit Nevada Day"
- 4.5 Proclamation: "Reno and Sparks Goes to College Week"
- 4.6 Presentation by Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) Executive Director Lee Gibson on an overview of the regional road impact fee program and the potential credit buyback program
5. Consent Items
- 5.1 Report of Claims and Bills approved for payment and appropriation transfers for the period September 20, 2012 through October 3, 2012. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 5.2 Consideration and possible approval of the destruction/disposal of original building plans and associated documents that have been microfilmed (City Clerk's Office). (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 5.3 Consideration and possible approval of a contract in the amount of $49,000.00 with the Police Executive Research Forum to conduct a Personnel Utilization Study for the Sparks Police Department. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 5.4 Consideration and possible approval to purchase 2013 Schwarze Street Sweeper truck from Schwarze and Municipal Maintenance Equipment in the amount of $230,325.00. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 5.5 Consideration and possible approval of a contract awarding Bid No. 12/13-005, PWP No. WA-2013-012, Shadow Mountain Concession Building Renovation, to Northern Sierra Construction, Inc., in the amount of $158,013. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
6. General Business
- 6.1 Consideration and possible adoption of Resolution No. 3223 in support of an application from the Washoe County School District to the U.S. Department of Education’s FY 2012 “RACE TO THE TOP” grant program. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 6.2 Consideration and possible acceptance of a traffic safety grant in the amount of $83,000 to participate in the 2013 Joining Forces program. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 6.3 Consideration and possible approval of an Agreement among WestCare Nevada Inc., Local Governments within Washoe County and Northern Nevada Hospitals relating to the provision of funds for the Community Triage Center (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
- 6.4 Consideration and possible approval of a contract for the North Truckee Drain – Kiley Ranch South Reach Realignment Project, Bid Number 12/13-003, PWP WA-2012-368 to Reno Tahoe Construction, Inc. in the amount of $447,701.30. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
7. Public Hearing and Action Items Unrelated to Planning and Zoning
8. Planning and Zoning Public Hearings and Action Items
- 8.1 Public hearing, consideration and possible action on Resolution No. 3224, revising fees for development services provided by the City of Sparks and specifically considering fees for Special Use Permits, Site Plan Reviews, Code Amendments, and Expired Tentative Subdivision Maps. (FOR POSSIBLE ACTION)
9. Closed Door Sessions
- 10.1 Comments from the Public
- 10.2 Comments from City Council and City Manager