Sparks City Council Meeting 5/13/2019 2:00:00 PMMonday, May 13, 2019 2:00 PM
Council Chambers, Legislative Bldg, 745 4th Street, Sparks, NV
General Business: 9.2
A Business Impact Statement is not required because this is not a rule.
This interlocal cooperative agreement allows the City of Sparks and RTC to work together on regional roads. This is an annual agreement brought to the City Council every year. The FY2020 POP (Program of Projects) details what the RTC intends to work on in fiscal year 2020. Their projects include preventative projects to increase roadway life longevity, roadway rehabilitation projects, roadway capacity projects, safety projects and traffic signal timing and improvement projects.
The RTC is in the twelfth year of the Regional Pavement Preservation Program. The program identifies the specific needs for regional road maintenance throughout the Truckee Meadows. This process was again used this year to rank potential roadway preservation projects. The City of Sparks Pavement Quality Team and Utility Division work very closely with the RTC to prioritize regional road projects in the City of Sparks. The overall funding for the region-wide RTC and Federally funded categories for the FY 2020 POP is estimated to be $262,550,000.
Anticipated pavement preservation and corridor improvement projects in Sparks include:
- Preventative Maintenance (slurry seals, etc., City wide)
- Street Rehabilitations (various roads, City wide)
- Clean Water Way (McCarran Blvd. to Treatment Plant)
- Oddie / Wells Corridor Multi-Modal Improvements (Kuenzli St to Pyramid Hwy)
- Victorian Ave Bike Lanes
- Sparks Blvd Widening (Greg St to Springland Dr)
- Spaghetti Bowl (SBX)
Anticipated capacity and congestion relief projects in Sparks include:
- Pyramid Freeway/US-395 Connector- US-395 to Pyramid Hwy (Design)
- Traffic Engineering Spot Intersection 8 and 9 (City wide intersection capacity improvements)
- Traffic Management and ITS (Design and Pilot Project, Fiber Optic and ITS Equipment)
- City Council could approve the Interlocal Cooperative Agreement as outlined by Staff.
- City Council could reject the Interlocal Cooperative Agreement and provide direction to the City Manager.
I move to approve the Interlocal Cooperative Agreement (AC-5564) with the Regional Transportation Commission of Washoe County for the FY 2020 program of projects.
02 - FY20 POP-ICA - County and Sparks.pdf
RTC Interlocal with City of Sparks_signed_4-18-19.pdf
01 - ICA FY20 Sparks.pptx