Council Chambers, Legislative Building 745 Fourth Street, Sparks, NV
General Business: 9.4
The Preventative Maintenance, Slurry Seal Program is a yearly program that provides preventative maintenance treatments on candidate pavements included in the City’s Transportation maintenance plan. This program will be treating over 2.1 million square feet of roadway surface with a Type II Rapid Setting Slurry Seal. Refer to attached exhibits for street locations.
The project scope identifies Type II Rapid Setting Slurry Seal, traffic control, public outreach and permanent striping. The City of Sparks received three (3) qualified bids for this project, which were received April 20, 2016, at 1:45 p.m. and opened on April 20, 2016 at 2:00 p.m.
A bid summary of the qualified bidders is shown below:
- Engineers Estimate $403,000.00
- Sierra Nevada Construction $394,007.00
- Intermountain Slurry Seal $453,147.20
- Valley Slurry Seal International $482,000.00
The Council has the following options:
- City Council could award the project as outlined by Staff.
- City Council could reject the proposed project and provide direction to the City Manager.
I move to approve the 2016 Street Preventative Maintenance contract (AC-5241) to Sierra Nevada Construction, in the amount of $394,007.
SNC Contract-Preventative Maintenance.pdf