Sparks City Council Meeting 5/9/2016 2:00:00 PMMonday, May 9, 2016 2:00 PM
Council Chambers, Legislative Building 745 Fourth Street, Sparks, NV
General Business: 9.5
A Business Impact Statement is not required because this is not a rule.
This Interlocal Cooperative Agreement (ICA) with the RTC will approve the FY 2017 Program of Projects (POP). Attached to this agenda item is the ICA with the specific projects scheduled for Sparks, Reno, and Washoe County. The RTC approved the POP included with the attached ICA on April 15, 2016
The FY 2017 POP identifies the proposed uses of the net fuel tax revenues for the RTC’s upcoming FY 2017 budget. The attached POP also describes planned projects, delivery phases and funding from all available funding sources including RTC-5 fuel taxes and bonds, sales taxes, Regional Road Impact Fees (RRIF), and federal sources. This program has been developed and prioritized in accordance with priorities established as part of the Unified Planning Work Program, Regional Transportation Plan and the regional road pavement preservation program.
In accordance with Chapter 373 of the Nevada Revised Statutes, the ICA outlines the responsibilities for delivering the projects identified in the POP. The RTC approved the POP included with the attached ICA April 15, 2016.
Anticipated pavement preservation and corridor improvement projects in Sparks include:
- 4th & Prater Bus Rapid Transit Project – Construction (Evans to Pyramid)
- Preventative Maintenance (slurry seals, etc., City wide)
Anticipated capacity and congestion relief projects in Sparks include:
- Traffic Engineering Spot Intersection 6 (City wide intersection capacity improvements)
- Traffic Management 2A and 2B (Fiber Optic, ITS Equipment, potential R-O-W)
- City Council could approve the Interlocal Cooperative Agreement as outlined by Staff.
- City Council could reject the Interlocal Cooperative Agreement and provide direction to the City Manager.
I move to approve the Interlocal Cooperative Agreement (AC-5239) with the Regional Transportation Commission of Washoe County for the FY 2017 Program of Projects
FY17 POP-ICA for Board Approval on 4-15-2016.pdf