Sparks City Council Meeting 4/12/2021 2:00:00 PMMeeting Link: https://zoom.us/j/99416800587
Meeting Dial-in #: 1-669-900-6833 Meeting ID: 994 1680 0587
General Business: 9.13
A Business Impact Statement is not required because this is not a rule.
This agenda item gives City Council the opportunity to approve the City's 2021 Federal Legislative Platform, which will guide the City's advocacy before the United States Congress and federal administrative agencies in the coming months.
City Council has traditionally approved a federal legislative platform to guide the City's advocacy before Congress and federal administrative agencies. The Federal Legislative Platform provides guidance regarding the City's positions on issues to the City's Legislative Team and federal lobbyist, Cardinal Infrastructure, LLC. It also indicates the City's federal priorities to the northern Nevada congressional delegation.
The City of Sparks 2021 Federal Legislative Platform sets forth five key areas in which federal assistance is crucial to the City's success, summarizes the problems facing the City in each area, and describes how federal assistance would help the City overcome those problems. The five areas are:
- Truckee Meadows Public Land Management Act
- Truckee Meadows Water Reclamation Facility
- Truckee River Flood Management Authority
- Investing in Housing
- Addressing Mental Health in Sparks
Staff recommends City Council approve the 2021 Federal Legislative Platform.
1. City Council may approve the City of Sparks 2021 Federal Legislative Platform as presented by staff.
2. City Council may reject the City of Sparks 2021 Federal Legislative Platform and give direction to the City Manager.
I move to approve the City of Sparks 2021 Federal Legislative Platform.
2021 Federal Platform Final Draft.pdf