Council Chambers, Legislative Bldg, 745 4th Street, Sparks, NV
General Business: 9.2
The Nevada Legislature created the Western Regional Water Commission (WRWC) as a new governance structure for regional planning of water resources. Its formation required the development and adoption of a comprehensive plan for the area over which the new commission had jurisdiction and addresses the supply of municipal and industrial water, quality of water, sanitary sewerage, and treatment of sewage and drainage of stormwater.
The current WRWC Commissioners are:
- Council Member Kristopher Dahir (Vice Chair), representing Sparks, term expiring March 31, 2020;
- Council Member Donald Abbott, representing the Joint Reno/Sparks appointment for the Truckee Meadows Water Reclamation Facility (TMWRF), term expiring March 31, 2020;
- Council Member Paul Anderson, representing the Truckee Meadows Water Authority, term expiring March 31, 2021.
1. Council may confirm the appointment.
2. Council may reject the appointment and provide further direction to the Mayor or the City Manager.
I move to appoint Kristopher Dahir as the City of Sparks representative on the Board of Trustees for the Western Regional Water Commission, for a two-year term ending March 31, 2022.