Sparks City Council Meeting 11/12/2013 2:00:00 PMTuesday, November 12, 2013 2:00 PM
City Council Chambers, Legislative Building, 745 Fourth St, Sparks, NV
Consent Items: 5.1
A Business Impact Statement is not required because this is not a rule.
The Sparks City Charter, Article III Section 3.020, requires the submission of a summary of all claims and bills approved for payment to the City Council. Nevada Revised Statute 354.598005 requires the governing body to be advised of any appropriation transfers between functions at its next regular meeting after the transfer. Resolution 2451 section 4 requires that each bequest, devise, gift and donation received by the Financial Services Director in an amount of less than $1,000 be listed on claims and bills to allow appreciation and acknowledgment of the receipt of the individual bequest, devise, gift or donation. Also presented are budget amendments for Specialty Court and Forfeiture revenues received throughout the year.
1. Accounts Payable check numbers 33380 through 33602 were issued in the amount of $1,897,622.78 of which $4,077.81 was for the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Sparks, Nevada. Per the City Manager’s Inquiry, check # 33439 was issued to Holland & Hart in the amount of $185.50. General checks were voided in the amount of $518.31.
2. Payroll check numbers 403263 through 403343 issued in the net amount of $43,466.04. There were no payroll checks voided.
3. There was no Accounts Payable check issued from Bond Proceeds. There were no Accounts Payable checks issued for Debt Service.
4. Wire/ACH bank transfers were made in the amount of $701,215.30.
5. Payroll direct deposit wire/ACH was made in the amount of $1,162,058.42.
6. There was no wire/ACH issued from Bond Proceeds. There were no Wire/Ach issued for debt service payments.
7. Appropriation transfers made within governmental functions or between funds during the reporting period listed are as follows:
• Budget Adjustment Batch #14042/ Fund 1204 / KS – Parks & Rec Grants & Donations To: Gifts & Bequests $1,000.00 To: Professional Services-Other $1,000.00 Donation from Summit Christian Church.
Recommended Motion: I move to approve the Claims and Bills approved for payment and the appropriation transfers.