Item Number: 4
Title: Report of Claims and Bills approved for payment and appropriation transfers for the period April 5, 2012 through May 9, 2012.
Petitioner/Presenter: Jeff Cronk, CPA, Financial Services Director/Jeff Cronk, CPA, Financial Services Director
Recommendation: It is recommended that the following listed checks and the appropriation transfers are approved by the Chairman and the Agency Members.
Financial Impact: Funds were budgeted and available for the payment of claims submitted and funds were available for the appropriations transferred.
Business Impact (Per NRS 237):
A Business Impact Statement is not required because this is not a rule.
Agenda Item Brief: Report of Claims and Bills for the period April 5, 2012 through May 9, 2012.
Background: The Sparks City Charter, Article III Section 3.020, requires the submission of a summary of all claims and bills approved for payment to the Chairman and Agency Members.
Nevada Revised Statute 354.598005 requires the governing body to be advised of any appropriation transfers between functions at its next regular meeting after the transfer. Resolution 2451 section 4 requires that each bequest, devise, gift and donation received by the Financial Services Director in an amount of less than $1,000 be listed on claims and bills to allow appreciation and acknowledgment of the receipt of the individual bequest, devise, gift or donation. Also presented are budget amendments for Specialty Court and Forfeiture revenues received throughout the year.
Analysis: 1. Accounts Payable checks were issued in the amount of $9,052.21. No Accounts Payable check was voided.
2. There was no Payroll check issued. No Payroll check was voided.
3. There was no Accounts Payable check issued from Bond Proceeds. There was no Accounts Payable check issued for Debt Service.
4. There was no wire/ACH transfer made.
5. There was no payroll direct deposit wire/ACH transfer made.
6. There was no wire/ACH issued from Bond Proceeds. Wire/ACH issued for Debt Service were $755,941.50 for Consolidated Tax Ref Rev Bonds Series 2007 of which $217,251.58 was for the Redevelopment Agency and $73,592.50 for Consolidated Tax Ref Rev Bonds Series 2011 of which $21,149.90 was for the Redevelopment Agency. An additional Wire/ACH was issued for the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Sparks, Nevada for Debt Service on Tax Increment Refunding Revenue Bonds Series 2008 and 2009 in the amount of $203,596.00 and $540,719.00.
7. There were no appropriation transfers made.
Recommended Motion: I move to approve the Claims and Bills approved for payment and the appropriation transfers.
Next Item Return To Meeting