Consent Items: 8.1
Title: Consideration and possible acceptance of the report of the claims and bills approved for payment and appropriation transfers for the period of November 22, 2018 through December 26, 2018.
Petitioner/Presenter: Jeff Cronk, CPA, Financial Services Director/Jeff Cronk, CPA, Financial Services Director
Recommendation: It is recommended that the following listed checks and the appropriation transfers be approved by the Mayor and the City Council.
Financial Impact: Funds were budgeted and available for payment of claims submitted and funds were available for the appropriations transferred.
Business Impact (Per NRS 237):
A Business Impact Statement is not required because this is not a rule.
Agenda Item Brief: Background:
This is the reporting that advises Council of any claims and bills approved for payment and appropriation transfers.
The Sparks City Charter, Article III Section 3.020, requires the submission of a summary of all claims and bills approved for payment to the City Council.
Nevada Revised Statute 354.598005 requires the governing body to be advised of any appropriation transfers between functions at its next regular meeting after the transfer.
Claims and bills will present budget amendments for Specialty Court, HIDTA, and Forfeiture revenues received throughout the year.
Resolution No. 3234 section 2 and 6 requires that each bequest, devise, gift, donation, and grant received in an amount of less than $5,000, shall hereinafter be accepted by the City Council of the City of Sparks via a quarterly report of grants and donations.
Also, Resolution No. 3234 section 3 and 7 requires that each bequest, devise, gift, donation, and grant of $5,000 or more, shall hereinafter be presented to the City Council of the City of Sparks by the benefitting department as a general business or consent item at the time such bequest, devise, gift, donation, or grant is received.
- Accounts Payable check numbers 64208 through 64699 were issued in the amount of $3,725,123.71 of which $11,219.72 was for the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Sparks, Nevada. General checks were voided in the amount of $7,089.67.
- Payroll check numbers 410290 through 410360 were issued in the net amount of $42,106.52. No Payroll checks were voided.
- There were no Accounts Payable check issued from Bond Proceeds. There were no Accounts Payable checks issued for Debt Service.
- Wire/ACH bank transfers were made in the amount of $2,329,372.29.
- Payroll direct deposit wire/ACH was made in the amount of $3,397,332.89.
- There was no wire/ACH issued from Bond Proceeds. There was a wire/ACH issued from Debt Service in the amount of $92,352.83.
- Appropriation transfers made within governmental functions or between funds during the reporting period listed are as follows:
- Budget Adjustment Batch # 18184 / Fund 1204
Federal Drug Forfeitures $6,251.70
Equip & Furnishings - Non Cap $3,125.85
Capital Equipment & Furnishings $3,125.85
I move to accept the report of claims and bills approved for payment and the appropriation transfers for the period of November 22, 2018 through December 26, 2018.
Return To Meeting