General Business: 9.1
Title: Consideration, discussion and possible approval of an Interlocal Cooperative Agreement (ICA) (AC-5493) with the Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) of Washoe County for Projects included in the RTC’s FY 2019 Program of Projects (POP).
Petitioner/Presenter: John Martini, P.E., Community Services Director/Amber Sosa, P.E., Transportation Manager/Brian Stewart P.E., RTC Engineering Director
Recommendation: Staff recommends the City Council approve the Interlocal Cooperative Agreement.
Financial Impact: None.
Business Impact (Per NRS 237):
A Business Impact Statement is not required because this is not a rule.
Agenda Item Brief: Background:
This interlocal cooperative agreement allows the City of Sparks and RTC to work together on regional roads. This is an annual agreement brought to the City Council every year. The FY2019 POP (Program of Projects) details what the RTC intends to work on in fiscal year 2019. Their projects include preventative projects to increase roadway life longevity, roadway rehabilitation projects, roadway capacity projects, safety projects and traffic signal timing and improvement projects.
The RTC is in the eleventh year of the Regional Pavement Preservation Program. The program identifies the specific needs for regional road maintenance throughout the Truckee Meadows. This process was again used this year to rank potential roadway preservation projects. The City of Sparks Pavement Quality Team and Utility Division work very closely with the RTC to prioritize regional road projects in the City of Sparks. The overall funding for the region-wide RTC and Federally funded categories for the FY 2019 POP is estimated to be $381,123,256.
Anticipated pavement preservation and corridor improvement projects in Sparks include:
- 4th & Prater Bus Rapid Transit Project – (Evans to Pyramid)
- Preventative Maintenance (slurry seals, etc., City wide)
- Street Rehabilitations (various roads, City wide)
- Clean Water Way (McCarran Blvd. to Treatment Plant)
- Oddie / Wells Corridor Multi-Modal Improvements (Kuenzli St to Pyramid Hwy)
- Victorian Ave Bike Lanes
Anticipated capacity and congestion relief projects in Sparks include:
- Pyramid Freeway/US-395 Link (TBD) US-395 to Pyramid Hwy (Preliminary Design Only)
- Traffic Engineering Spot Intersection 7 & 8 (City wide intersection capacity improvements)
- Traffic Management 2016, 2017, and 2018 (Design and Pilot Project, Fiber Optic and ITS Equipment)
- City Council could approve the Interlocal Cooperative Agreement as outlined by Staff.
- City Council could reject the Interlocal Cooperative Agreement and provide direction to the City Manager.
I move to approve the Interlocal Cooperative Agreement with the Regional Transportation Commission of Washoe County for the FY 2019 program of projects.
02 - FY-2019 POP-ICA Approved-Signed by RTC Board 6-15-2018.pdf
01 - ICA Presentation 0 7112018.pdf
Return To Meeting